In this article we will learn why Outlook keeps asking for password even though it is correct. If you are also facing the same problem that you have landed at the right place. Here we will discuss all the possible scenarios that leads to this error message along with the best possible solution.
Why Outlook Keeps Asking for Password
- You have configured Outlook to prompt for password: If you have enabled this setting that users might face this error message even when entering the correct password.
- Credential Manager has stored the incorrect password for Outlook: If the credential manager has stored the wrong password for Outlook then also Outlook will prompt to enter the password again and again.
- Corruption in Outlook Profile: If there is corruption in your Outlook profile then Outlook might not recognize the saved password:
- Internet Connectivity Issue: If you don’t have good internet connectivity then outlook will disconnect again and again from Internet which causes Outlook to ask password again and again.
- Installed antivirus Program is creating the problems to Outlook: Sometimes installed antivirus program might block outlook to communicate with server and will cause this error “Outlook keeps asking for password even through it is correct”
How to Fix Outlook Keeps Asking for Password
Method 1: Clear the stored Passwords: If the credentials stored in the credential manager are incorrect then Outlook will prompt the users to enter the passwords again and again. To resolve this issue, you will need to remove the wrong passwords stored in the Windows Credentials Manager. Follow the steps mentioned below to do the same:
- Open Control Panel >> User Accounts >> Manage Web Credentials >> Find Credentials having Outlook in their name >> Select Outlook Credentials and Click on Remove or Remove from Value.
- Restart the Outlook application and check if the issue “Outlook keeps asking for password” resolved or not.
Method 2: Disable Login Credentials Password Prompt for Outlook
- Open Outlook >> File >> Account Settings >> Change >> Select the account >> More Settings (a new dialogue box will open). >> From the new dialog box uncheck the option Always Prompt for logon credentials
Method 3: Create new profile if Profile is corrupted: If the Outlook profile is corrupted then you might face this error. To resolve this problem you will need to create the new Outlook profile. Follow the steps mentioned below to create new Outlook profile.
- Control Panel >> Mail >> Show Profile >> Select Outlook >> Click on Add Button >> OK
- Enter profile name and click on the OK button >> Now enter your credentials and click on Next button >> Select always use this profile >> OK.
In this article we have discussed the reasons for the error Outlook keeps asking for password even though it is correct. Hope the information given above is helpful to you. If you have any doubt or need any suggestions please feel free to comment, we would be happy to help you.