Are you getting error while connecting iPhone to iTunes? If yes, the you are at right place. The error message indicates that iTunes was unable to connect to the iPhone. When iTunes is unable to recognize your iPhone, the value is not available error will appear.
iTunes could display the message in various situations, for example,
- Trying to connect an iPhone that has been disabled to iTunes will not work
- When your iPhone is working and you’re using it for back up or other tasks
- If you attempt to restore or upgrade your iPhone by using iTunes
“itunes could not connect to this iPhone. the value is missing” appears on any iPhone model, whether it’s iPhone 13, 12, 11, X, XS, 8, 7, 6 or lower versions. Below we have mentioned the possible fixes to resolve this error message.
How to Resolve iTunes could not Connect Error
Method 1: Update your iTunes check if “itunes could not connect to this iPhone. the value is missing” is fixed or not
Many users have reported that updating the iPhone has helped them in getting read of this error message. So I would recommend you to download the latest version of iTunes and install it in your computer. Below are the steps to update iTunes
- Open iTunes >> Help >> Check for Updates >> iTunes will check if updates are available for your iTunes or not.
Method 2: Turn off Restrictions from iPhone
Open your iPhone setting Settings >> General >> Restrictions >> It will ask for the password >> Enter Password >> Turn Off restrictions from there
Method 3: Reinstall iTunes in your Computer
This might be possible that some iTunes is corrupted and due to which you are getting this error. Reinstalling iTunes might help you in getting rid of this error message “itunes could not connect to this iPhone. the value is missing”
Method 4: Trying to Connect Disabled iPhone
If your iPhone is disabled and you are trying to connect it to iTunes so that you can restore the data then also you will get the error message “itunes could not connect to this iPhone. the value is missing”.
In that case you will have to put your iPhone into the DFU mode, doing this will delete all the data from your iPhone.
Here are the steps of putting and restoring iPhone in DFU mode:
The steps mentioned below will work in iPhone 8,7,6,5 and earlier ones. I will write another article for enabling DFU mode in iPhone 13/12/11 and 10 Models. There we will use Face ID option for doing the same
- Open iTunes in your Computer
- Turn off your iPhone device
- Hold and Press Power & Home button for 10 seconds.
- Release power button but don’t release home button.
- You will see a message iTunes detected your iPhone >> Now release the HOME button.
- You would not see anything (Only Black Screen) in your iPhone while it is in DFU mode.
- Once iTunes has detected the iPhone, you can easily restore it.
Here in this article we have mentioned different methods of resolving the error “itunes could not connect to this iPhone. the value is missing”. Hope you were able to resolve the issue. Kindly comment below if you are still getting this error.