Facebook has revolutionized the digital space on the Internet. With around half of the total number of people on our planet having accounts, it has created a very large scale of networking options. Facebook isn’t just a normal social media app where you see images and videos, but it can significantly benefit making connections with other people. While making connections, the foremost step is your name. If you had entered an incorrect name or just a nickname of yours by chance, you have an option to edit and change it. Here is the complete guide as to how you can do it.
Nowadays, it’s in trend people are creating Facebook IDs using some abbreviations, even some add their term, which directly indicates their profession. For example, Dr (for doctors), Er(Engineers), Ad(Advocate, Hr (Human Resource), and so on.
Step-by-Step Process for Changing Name on Facebook
Thinking about how to change your name in facebook id? Here, we keep it in simple steps that anyone can follow.
- Go to your browser and open the website of Facebook.
- Log in with the registered email id and password of the account you want to change your name.
- Once you have signed in, you will see the homepage of your account.
- Go to the top-right corner, and you will see a downward facing arrow (the option you click on when you have to log out from your account).
- Click on the arrow, and you will see a lot of options.
- Click on the ‘settings’ option just above the ‘log out option.
- Once you click that option, you will be viewing a list of options for different settings available.
- Then go to the heading of ‘general’ settings, which is usually by default open as it is the first page of settings. There you will see your username and the registered email address associated with the account.
- Once you find that, go to the right side of that part, where you will be able to see an ‘edit’ option along with a pencil symbol.
- When you click the edit button in the name field, it will open a new settings page where the first name, middle name, and last name options are available. You can then change your name accordingly. First name and last name options are mandatory to fill in, but the middle name is optional.
- After editing your name, you will have to click on a blue button that says ‘review change’. Once you click on it, you can see your old name and the name you entered now. To confirm it, you will have to enter your account’s password and click ‘save changes.
- If you want to update your nickname on Facebook, you must follow the same steps. When you open the edit page of your name, there will be an option of ‘add other names. Click on that.
- It will take you to your profile, where all your details will be present. There will be a heading of ‘other names’, and under that will be ‘add a nickname, a birth name…’.
- It will then guide you to another page to add your nickname or birth name and show it to your friends. There is even an option of placing that name on top of your Facebook profile if you wish.
- Select the ‘save changes’ option, and that name will also be visible in your profile.
Guidance for changing your name on Facebook in an Android phone:
If your device or laptop is occupied, there is no need to worry. Millions of people use Facebook on their android phones. Follow the simple steps to make changes in your name:
1. Open your Facebook application on your android phone.
2. There are 3 horizontal lines on the right corner; click on them.
3. Scroll down to settings and privacy.
4. Snap-on settings and privacy option.
5. Select setting
6. Click on the personal information option
7. Enter on name option
8. Modify it with the existing one as you want.
9. Click on review the change
10. Type your password and save the changes.
Guidance for changing your nameon Facebook in IOS/iPhone:
1. Unlock your Facebook application.
2 Click on the three ‘horizontal lines in the bottom right corner.
3 Scroll to see the ‘settings & privacy’ option.
4 Snap-on settings.
5. Similarly, you also need to choose the name option here.
6. Click on it, modify the name you want, and preview it before saving changes.
7. Enter the current password and click save.
8. Close the application and log in again to see the instant result.
Things to Keep in Mind when Adding your Name:
● You cannot change your name for 2 months or 60 days from the date you update your name. So, think twice before updating your name. Your Facebook friends will have visibility of your updated name.
● You can use abbreviations such as Mr. or Mrs. before your name. But you should just write your first name and last name. The extra details can be updated later in your profile.
● Simplicity is the key. Do not add any signs, symbols, or emojis, along with your name.
● Don’t forget to review the changes before going live to the public. Sometimes, we make mistakes in a hurry, and people who want to connect with you and search for you on Facebook will get confused.
● Trying many times to change the name may disable your account. So make sure you are trying only after 60 days.
Note: If you are new to this application and do not have useful information like changing the name and password or page name, etc. You can even change the name with a link. Now Facebook allows people to directly click on the link shared by some of/her surrounding people and make the changes they want.
Nowadays, Facebook is changed to meta. Millions of people have accounts on Facebook. They even have end numbers of followers if we talk about celebrities and politicians’ profiles. But small mistakes can lead to an account being blocked. We have broken down every step and explained it to you in amateur language. This platform is the first choice for people of all ages, and they love to connect. If you still have any issues while changing your profile name or nickname, drop down your queries in the comment box, and we will get back to you in a brief period. Happy Browsing!