Thunderbird is a Free and Open source email client developed by Mozilla Corporation. Many Linux, Mac, and Windows users use it as their default email client for sending and receiving emails. You can configure and manage multiple emails accounts in Thunderbird. Additionally, you can install different add-ons to add additional features to it. Sometimes users need to convert their Thunderbird email messages to EML file format. This article will discuss some easy methods to migrate Thunderbird emails to EML file format easily. Just follow the different ways to convert Thunderbird to EML file format easily.
Method 1: Save as Option of Thunderbird to Export Thunderbird to EML
- Open Thunderbird email client.
- Select emails that you want to save in EML file format. You can also press CTRL + A to select all messages from a folder >> Right-click on it >> Select Save As option >> Now choose the folder where you want to save the EML files.
Method 2: Save Selected Messages option to Save Emails from Thunderbird to EML
- Select the messages that you want to export into EML file format >> Right Click on it >> Choose Save Selected Messages >> Select the EML file format.
- Choose the folder where you want to save the converted EML files.
- You can also use this option to Save Thunderbird emails in HTML, CSV, and MBOX file format.
Method 3: Convert Thunderbird emails to EML using ImportExporttools add-on
- Download Free Add-on with the name ImportExportTools (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/thunderbird/addon/importexporttools/) and install it your Thunderbird email client by using the steps given below:
- Open Thunderbird email client >> Tools >> Add-ons
- Now Select Install Add-on From File.
- Choose importexporttools-188.8.131.52-sm+tb.xp from the download location as given below.
- After that, click on Install now button.
- Now restart your Thunderbird email client.
- After that, use the steps given below to use ImportExportTools to convert Thunderbird to EML.
- Open Mozilla Thunderbird email client >> Select the folder you want to convert >> Export all Messages in the folder >> EML Format >> Select the folder where you want to save the converted EML file format.
Method 4: Use Drag and Drop to export Thunderbird to EML
- Open Thunderbird email client >> Choose the folder you need to convert >> Press CTRL + A to select all messages >> Now drag and drop those messages to Desktop. It will save all the dragged messages to EML file format.
In this article, we have explained different steps to convert Thunderbird emails to EML file format easily. I hope the above-provided information is helpful to you. Please let us know if you have any doubt or if you need any other related information. We would be happy to help you.
1 thought on “Free Tips to Convert Thunderbird Emails to EML Files”
Pingback: Top 5 Free Methods to Convert Thunderbird to Outlook – Tips Overflow